Recently I had some time to reflect on what what makes going away on a retreat necessary for each and everyone of us; most importantly the time away from home, our daily chores and responsibilities is what allows us to discover a fresh perspective, and gives us renewed purpose when returning home.
Perhaps we also discover there is a self-love that manifests by taking the time to reconnect and nurture body, mind and soul, after all how can we love and nurture, if we fail to do so for ourselves.
There are many other fabulous and fun reasons to retreat, here are a few more:
- Delicious yet healthy meals to reboot your body
- A Rain spa treatment, that will release tension and leave you feeling pampered, I recently indulged in the “Sole” reflexology Rain Treatment and literally floated home…, and as part of the treatment I was also sent home with a lovely Rain sleep balm, sheer indulgence.
- Yin & Vinyasa Yoga to open the heart body and mind. The Yin classes are in the evening for deep relaxation and release, and the Vinyasa classes are in the morning to energize and open the body. All levels are welcome.
- Beautiful nature walks, relaxing by the fire with a good book or simply enjoying some quiet time soaking up the magnificent views
- chatting and connecting with like minded souls
- relaxing in the sauna or Jacuzzi ….
- & so much more…but I guess you should come see for yourself. Re-treat yourself.
The 2 day Yoga retreat couldn’t have been better. Marlien has a way of making you feel as if you have known her for years, and welcoming you into the space so quickly and easily. The accommodation was perfect and Swellendam did its absolute to provide us with great weather for the entire weekend – magic sunrises and sunsets for being so close to winter.
What a treat to be able to start the morning so gracefully with delicious green energy smoothies and a wonderful and easeful yoga session, followed by yummy breakfast on the patio overlooking the eco swimming pool onto the magnificent Swellendam mountains. The repeat of Yoga followed by dinner some while later closes off the day perfectly.
Marlien has done so much research into food, healthy eating and her planning and approach to food and eating is so simple, elegant and nourishing. Every meal was a delight, and the shared notes and discussion on food, eating and a healthy diet was much appreciated and very informative. With so much to do in the town and surrounding area, there was little time left over to just do nothing.
I left the weekend feeling lighter, easier and very peaceful and grateful to have met Marlien. The full body massage at Rain at the end of the weekend was just so good – and a great way to close off the weekend. Karen Wilkins