Citrus & ginger roasted squash salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 pumpkin (I used Queensland Blue Variety also known Boer Pampoen)
- ¼ cup of chopped mint
- a handful of kale, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup of sundried onions
- ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated finely
- 3 tablespoons of macadamia nut butter
- Juice of 1 orange
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Slice pumpkin into fairly large chunks/ wedges – keeping the skin on. Season with salt and then pack them out in a roasting tray drizzling over some melted coconut oil or macadamia nut oil.
Roast for 60 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius. Then set aside to cool.
While the pumpkin is roasting, add all the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well.
Chop the kale & mint finely and then dress the salad with the greens, sun-dried onions, pomegranate seeds and dressing – serve and enjoy at room temperature, or slightly warm.