“Butter Chicken” with Tofu
- 1 large block of firm tofu (350-400g)
- 1 onion, finely dived
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 2 cups of plain full fat yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste (or more for a deeper colour)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin & coriander each
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala (mild masala)
- ½ teaspoon of ground fenugreek
- 1 heaped teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Pink or sea salt & black pepper to taste
Sauté the onion until soft and golden, then add the tofu blocks, garlic, and ginger and gently sauté for another 5 minutes.
Now add all the spices and season with salt, sauteing for a further 5 minutes.
Lastly add the yoghurt and tomato paste, seasoning with salt to taste – stir through– and then turning the heat right down, allow the curry to slowly simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
Serve with quinoa, green baby peas and garnished with fresh coriander leaves.