I am currently finding Buddha Bowls so sexy. Their ingredients can be prepared over a lazy Sunday, stored in the fridge and then leisurely packed into your lunch box….sure to cause immense envy among co-workers and friends.
Here are a few Buddha Bowl staples in my kitchen that will hopefully inspire you to start creating your own.
- Roasted Veggies (red onions, red pepper, fennel, cubed or wedges of butternut, courgettes, roasted cauliflower etc)
- Micro- leaves (much higher in nutrients and so gorgeous too)
- Thai Slaw (Shred some red & white cabbage & carrots ahead, dressing them just before serving)
- Cultured Veggies (no fridge is complete with out some sauerkraut or kimchi)
- Corn Chips (Natures Choice does a lovely NON GMO version)
- Quinoa (Cook ahead and freeze in small portions)
- Mexican Black Bean Salad
- Boiled Eggs (the ultimate & complete retro packed lunch-food)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Medallions (I use the Jewel variety and leave the skin on – slicing them into 6mm thick medallions)
- Avocados (obviously)
Preparing some super-food sauces ahead like my Turmeric & Tahini dressing makes throwing these Buddha Bowls together even more effortless:
Turmeric & Tahini Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of pink salt
- 1 clove of garlic, freshly crushed
- 50 ml of filtered water
Add all the above to a jar, seal tightly with it’s lid and simply shake until you have smooth emulsion. You end up with this gorgeous bright yellow (happy colour) creamy dressing that has huge health benefits.
Happy trowing pre-prepping and showing off your fabulous bowls.
As always, with love, and in dedication to your best health,