Vegan bolognaise sauce…this recipe is such a winner and a must try. You can serve this vegan bologonaise with gluten free pasta, a baked potato or over rice. It’s full of protein and veggie goodness and serves 4, here goes:
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 4 medium courgettes, grated
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 3 cups of veggie stock
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small sachet of tomato paste
- 1 sprig of fresh origanum, or 1 teaspoon dried origanum
- 1 teaspoon or one sprig of thyme
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry your garlic in a bit of oil for a minute, add your grated veggies and stir fry them for approx. 4 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients and cook together over low heat for a further 45min.
If you are planning on making double qty’s, this sauce is freezer friendly, or keeps in the fridge for at least a week.
Happy cooking, with ♡ from the yoga kitchen.